Introducing One on One with Weston

As readers, fans, inspiring authors, or all of the above I'm sure you have questions.
Well, I want to hear them.


Introducing One on One with Weston.
The idea is quite straight forward. You ask, I'll answer.
To start us off, here's a question from an exchange I had not long ago.

Reader: I often wonder what draws an author to a genre, or maybe more accurately, a genre to an author. What was it that connected you to horror? What was it that made you try another genre?


WK: Honestly, I don’t know. This is a question I’ve considered time and again because my favorite genre to read casually is epic fantasy (think George R.R. Martin, Robert Jordan, David Eddings, Mercedes Lackey, etc.), but the stories that come to me tend to be darker. As I’ve said from time to time, they dip a claw or three in horror but span other genres like fantasy and science fiction too. I write what grabs hold and won’t let go. An idea has to speak to me to get me to dedicate enough time to write the entire story… or maybe it’s better to say, speak through me. I certainly don’t have too much choice about what’s happening once the ideas start flowing. The letters just hit the page with legs running.



Weston Kincade ~ Author of the A Life of Death collection, The Priors, and Strange Circumstances

Labels: , , , , , , , ,