Paradox Review

This week's show review is the 2009 British series Paradox, now available on Hulu. When I first tried this series not long ago, I didn't realize how short lived the show was. It had decent reviews, 7.2 stars on IMDB, described as:

"During a period of high activity on the sun a physicist receives images in his lab that show an event that has yet to happen."

I watched the first episode and was only mildly entertained. It had action, good acting, paranormal events taking place, even cruel corporate oversight administrators who were willing to sacrifice people's lives to test their theories on whether you could change fate. However, rather than intrigue me, those administrators simply pissed me off.  There were also a few other things about this series that failed to gain my interest: the character backgrounds and development were nearly nonexistent, as a result I didn't really care whether they survived or not, and the reason behind the psychic images transferred through the satellite was always a black box without any real theories beyond solar activity as to its cause. Some of these things might have been further developed after episode 3, but I was not interested in finding out by that point.

Evidently I wasn't the only one. When it was released, many of the critics were not impressed either and the season ended after episode 5. For this one, I wouldn't even watch the first episode. Just move on to something better.

Paradox: 2 Stars

Weston Kincade ~ Author of the A Life of Death collection, The Priors, and Strange Circumstances

Labels: , , ,