Hanging at Cleveland Concoction


This was a very exciting weekend at the Cleveland Concoction convention, the first convention in Cleveland in over 20 years from what I understand. Friday was good, as was Sunday with the Star Trek fans taking photos with "Rod" Roddenberry, Jr, the son of late Gene Roddenberry (the creator of Star Trek). However, Saturday was certainly my favorite day.


While  at Cleveland's newest convention, I wound up spending a little time with Santiago Cirilo (the mechanic Julio from season 4 of The Walking Dead). Talk about a down-to-earth guy on one of the most famous shows around. If you ever get a chance to meet Santiago, you most certainly will enjoy the easy-going actor.














I also saw well-choreographed dark horror cabaret dancing by the Monster Dolls. Having never seen them before, or anything like it, I can honestly say I would recommend it for anyone with a tendency toward the darker side who enjoys great dancing and very attractive women.


Another group I listened to was called 2D6. They were remanescent of Weird Al with gaming-Mountain Dew IVs permanently attached. The audience laughed throughout, including me. Although, I do need to warn people that the language and content are probably something to keep in mind before your 8-year-old starts listening.


And to top off Saturday night, I got to lead the Author Panel's Q & A.The audience was quite inquisitive, and I was glad to have experience as both an author and editor. I sold and signed some copies of A Life of Death, hosted an author table, and met a lot of new great people. I was impressed with the steampunk attire and vendors at the con. It was a great experience, and I hope others can enjoy a bit too if you find time or are in the area.





Weston Kincade ~ Author of the A Life of Death collection, and Strange Circumstances

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,