When Characters Leave the Page!

It really is astounding what characters from books have time for these days. I was lying in bed amidst flitting dreams that came and went as I drifted in and out of consciousness. Then, suddenly I awoke to a green, flashing light beckoning me. It was my cell phone on the bedside table, signaling that I had a message or alert of some kind - an email, voice mail, or even a tweet.

Low and behold, it was the latter of the three. Marissa Aldana (@MarissaAldana) added me to a tweet, informing me that Alex from my A Life of Death collection had not only escaped, but taken over a particular person's blog. Seeing this, I immediately flew wide awake, hence my late announcement. It's about 2:40 a.m. Eastern time right now. I couldn't believe it. Alex Drummond isn't one of those mass murdering types, a rapist, or any other psychotic, deranged lunatic you can think of. For those of you who don't know, Alex is a homicide detective, even so far as his love of fedoras.

So, what's so important that he's jumped ship from his own series and taken a stranglehold on Kayla's Place?

I really don't know. I hear there's crime scene tape involved, so I'd better head over and find out. Feel free to join me at Kayla's - Wait, scratch that. I hear tell that he's styled it as Alex's Place now. God help me!

On a side note, it looks like Kayla's somehow regained access to the blog and is raffling off a free $10 Amazon gift card. I'm not sure if she's sitting in the attic with her laptop, stealing someone's wireless or what, but that's like 10 $.99 books, or 5 $1.99 books, or... well you get the picture. Stop in and enter to win quickly.

Weston Kincade ~ Author of the Altered Realities series, A Life of Death collection, and Strange Circumstances

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,